Frequently Asked Questions
WHY DOES THE WEBSITE DEFAULT tO USD$
The Currency on our website defaults to US$, as the United States Market accounts for 80-85% of our online sales over the last 20+ years. (Sometimes our dollar is stronger than theirs, but regardless of that, it’s easy to keep it the same :))
Which Payment Methods do we accept? (Domestic & International) - SHOPIFY
How Do I Place An Order through Global Opals Website?
Choose your item/s – Click on the cart/checkout – Follow the prompts. The Shopping cart will automatically:
- Combine multiple items at no extra cost
- Apply any discounts (Gift Certificates etc)
- Apply FREE SHIPPING for purchases over $300
(If the Opal is shipped to an Australian Address, GST is inclusive)
Do we accept Lay-Aways?
How long will it take to get my Opal?
Your Opal will be securely wrapped and sent to you immediately after payment is received! (Within 24hrs) International Customers:
- We use Australia Posts “International” Postal Service which normally takes around 5-9 working days, this service includes tracking & email notifications. but please allow 13 days, as sometimes there are delays eg; (public holidays) whilst in transit. For orders over $2000 we use Express Post International This service takes 2-4 business days between major metro areas. This service includes tracking, email notifications & a signature on delivery.
Australian Customers: Your Opal will be sent using the Overnight Express service. Orders are processed within 24hrs of receiving payment. Your parcel will be posted the following day on a weekday or if purchased on a weekend, we post on the Monday. Please Remember all orders over $300 are shipped FREE!!
How do I use the Currency Convertor?
We have Gift Cards
Do we accept Returns & Refunds?
MONEY BACK - Within 7 DAYS
We offer a 100% Money Back Guarantee! If you're not 100% satisfied with your purchase, please contact us within 7 Days of receiving your Opal. Once you have contacted us within the 7 days of receiving your Opal, please send the Opal back to the return address. Please make sure the Opal is in its original condition, un-altered and un-damaged. When we have received the Opal back and see it is in its original undamaged, unaltered condition, we will give your money back. (Less Shipping Costs)
EXCHANGE or STORE CREDIT - Within 30 DAYS
We offer an Exchange or Store Credit!
If you are not 100% happy with your purchase within 30 Days. Please contact us first to make the necessary arrangements for return. Once these arrangements are in place, please send your Opal back in its original condition (Un-altered, Un-damaged) and you will receive an Exchange or Store Credit.
*Postage fees and duties will be the responsibility of the buyer for any returned Opal/s.
I recommend that before purchasing an Opal (especially a high end Opal), to ask questions, ask for additional photos & videos to make sure you are a 100% certain & happy before you purchase your special gem. By doing this it will lessen the chance of you having 2nd thoughts when you receive the Opal & having to go through sending the Opal back to us.
- Purchasing Your Opal In Person
- Once I have met you in person & you purchase an Opal from us, we do not offer refunds! We can only exchange for another Opal.
- Discounted Multiple-Item Purchases – In the event of a Discounted Multiple-Item Purchase Transaction, the return of any Opal/s bought within this transaction will be offered as a store credit or exchange only. All Discounted Multiple-Item Purchases are assessed on an individual basis, and agreed to (at the time of purchase) as our best parcel price, and therefore, we cannot offer a money back refund on a partial return of a parcel, but with an Exchange or Store Credit, you have the choice of finding the perfect Opal on current or future Opal listings on this website.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept refunds on Discounted Sale items, Lay-Aways or Gift Cards.
Can I call and speak to someone before I buy?
Currency Of Returned Funds
If You Use Our Jeweler
Using Our Jeweler – If you purchase an Opal off us & use our jeweler to make a ring/pendant etc. We (Global Opals) are NOT held responsible for any damage, loss, breakage etc There is NO REFUND once it is out of our hands
Customs Duties, & Taxes
Please Note: Some countries have certain Customs Requirements, including import Duties & Taxes”. Please make sure you are aware of your countries regulations, (Taxes & import duties), to avoid incurring additional costs. For further info contact your countries Custom Agent or Broker.
PLEASE ALSO be aware of your countries postal restrictions & requirements for sending Opal/precious stones/Jewelery into your country. Please go to your countries postage service policies to check before ordering